Concept & Content
The concept of Counselling & Vocational Guidance refers to expert (science based) assistance and support with the aim to help individuals:
Ultimately, the individuals will be able to make the correct choices with respect to their future occupation/vocation and thus be (re)included into active life.
- explore, analyse and develop the factors constituting their self-concept (interests, personal qualities and characteristics, values, skills, etc.),
- explore, evaluate, process and classify information and alternative education and vocation pathways with respect both to their needs and choices and to labour market requirements,
- integrate information about education and vocation/career with information derived from self-observation so that they develop to decision-making capabilities both with respect to their orientation in education and choices in occupation(s) befitting their particular psychosocial make up,
- create and implement their own education and vocation plans.
Counselling & Vocational Guidance activities target individuals who are:
- about to make a choice with respect to their education and vocation,
- in search of new fields of study/training,
- already employed but dissatisfied with their current occupation, hence in search of new areas of training and professional development,
- unemployed or have lost their jobs for whatever reason and wish to resume employment, and
- threatened with social exclusion owing to personal circumstances or misfortune.