EKEP and Mobility
The National Resource Centre for Vocational Guidance (EKEP) is a member of the transnational NRCVG (Euroguidance) Network comprising
65 centres in 31 European countries operating at a national and European level. The Euroguidance Network is subsidized by the European Commission in the context of the Leonardo Da Vinci (2000-2006) programme. The basic aim of the Network is to promote mobility of students, educators, teachers, guidance counsellors, researchers, a.o. in Europe. To this end the Network makes sure that the targeted individuals have access to quality information about opportunities in education, training, training programmes, employment and European
Currently, EKEP is taking the following actions to promote mobility:
- Participates in the development of the European Portal on Learning Opportunities Throughout the European Space (PLOTEUS). The aim is to promote mobility for education and training purposes in Europe.
- Provides information to any interested individuals (laymen, pupils, students, professionals), companies and organisations about authorities / agencies in Greece and/or Europe that are competent with education, training and employment at a European level.
- Functions as a source of information for Guidance Counsellors about learning and training opportunities in Europe and promotes the European dimension in Vocational Guidance.
- In cooperation with other Centres in the Euroguidance Network, EKEP promotes and participates in study-visits among the participating countries with the aim to exchange information, experiences and know-how about Counselling & Vocational Guidance and training of the Guidance Counsellors.
- Organizes international congresses and seminars with an emphasis on mobility in Europe for education and training
purposes, while, at the same time, EKEP promotes the European dimension in Vocational Guidance.